Saturday, May 07, 2005

The Truth Finally Comes Out

In a column in the Daily's final issue of this semester, Libby George has revealed that the Minnesota Daily, has, in fact, been discriminating against conservative students who apply for positions there, resulting in an overly liberal editorial board.

My two cents:

1). It is interesting to note that she says she has known about this since "earlier this year," but chose not to write about it until the very last issue of the school year, when the debate will be slowed to (at most) one issue per week, and most students will be leaving for the summer.

2). It appears that Tim Burnett's claim that there aren't enough conservative students applying at the Daily was completely bogus, and he knew as much when he was feeding me (and many others) that line. I suppose it would be naive to think that, when I talked to Tim about my findings of a liberal bias, he would have said, "Well, that's probably because we work real hard at keeping conservative students out."

Anyway, I'm not going to say I told you so, but... I told you so.